Verbal Tidbits :
- Try not to say the words "sign our contract." Instead, try "acknowledge our agreement."
- "My thoughts aren't important, what do you think about it?"
- OPENING PHRASE ANYTIME AFTER FIRST INTERVIEW WITH CANDIDATE: "what's changed since we last spoke?"
- ONE OF THE MOST POWERFUL APPETIZERS: "Can I make a suggestion?"
- "How will you know you have ultimately found the right job?" (the answer will be in "SEE","HEAR" or "FEEL" terms. Use that theme throughout your relationship with that candidate.)
- "Nothing personal, just business"(builds character big time)
- To a fellow recruiter hell bent on interrupting you: "Sue, is this as important as or more important than my next phone call?"